Vegetable Tajine with Couscous
If you like vegetable stew, you’ll love tajine.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add olive oil, onions, cinnamon, ginger, garlic and saffron.
- Cook over medium-low heat for two minutes to bring out the flavour of the spices and onions.
- Add acorn squash, carrots, chickpeas, figs, apricots, tomatoes and stock or water. Stir.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Stir in red pepper and zucchini, and cook for another five minutes until zucchini is soft. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare couscous as per package. Add chili flakes, mint and parsley. Season to taste.
- Divide couscous mixture into six bowls, and add tajine on top of each bowl.
Per serving: 289 calories, 9 g protein, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 g carbohydrates, 8 g fibre, 4 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium