Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes
Nutrient-dense sweet potato and salmon, two of nature’s greatest superfoods, combine with zesty onion and tangy fresh dill to create a tasty and healthy lunch or dinner entrée.
Recipe courtesy gosouthfresh.com
- In microwave, cook sweet potato on high until tender, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- In bowl, combine salmon, celery, green onion, pickle, dill and egg, just until combined.
- Peel skin from sweet potato. Place in bowl and mash with fork. Gently, stir into salmon mixture with breadcrumbs. Shape into 12 patties (about 1/2-inch/1.5cm thick).
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil over medium high heat. Cook salmon cakes in two batches, until golden, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.
- Serve with Yogurt Dip: In bowl, combine 1/2 cup (125 ml) low fat yogurt with 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cucumber 1 tsp (5 ml) mint, 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest and 1 tsp (5 ml) finely chopped dill.
Per serving: about 270 calories, 27 g protein, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fibre, 90 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium. %RDI: 30% calcium, 10% iron, 70% vitamin A, 8% vitamin C.