This Stuffed Avocado Recipe Will Make You Fall in Love with Crab Again
A classic luncheon-style dish with Asian-inspired add-ins.
photo credit: Yvonne Duivenvoorden
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 container crab claw meat thawed if frozen
- 1 1/2 tsp wasabi powder
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sweet red or yellow pepper finely chopped
- 1/3 cup baby corn canned, drained, rinsed, and thinly sliced
- 1 rib celery finely chopped
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 large avocados ripe
- 2 cups leafy grens or sprouts, such as watercress, baby arugula, pea shoots or broccoli sprouts
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place crab in sieve; pick through and remove any cartilage. Gently squeeze out any excess moisture; set aside. In small bowl, stir wasabi powder with 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) water until a smooth paste is created; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, stir mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil and wasabi paste until smooth. Stir in sweet pepper, baby corn, celery and green onion.
- Halve and pit avocados; using small spoon, scoop out most of the flesh, leaving about 1/2-inch intact along edge. Mash flesh in bowl; stir into wasabi mix. Fold in crab.
- Divide greens among 4 plates; top with avocado shells, cut side up. Divide and spoon crab mixture into each shell. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrients per serving: 304 calories, 14 g protein, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 g carbohydrates (6 g fibre), 56 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium
Originally Published in Best Health Canada