Goat Cheese and Spinach Frittata
Packed with protein and tasty veggies, you haven’t had a frittata like this before.
photo credit: shutterstock
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a cast iron or ovenproof pan, add 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil. Add potatoes, and toss around to coat.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes, stirring around a couple of times, until potatoes are cooked through, browned and crispy. Meanwhile, whisk eggs and egg whites together, and set aside.
- Transfer pan to stovetop, heat on medium heat and add remaining 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, plus red pepper and zucchini; cook for three minutes.
- Add spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add whisked eggs. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until set.
- Place under your oven's broiler for about two minutes more to brown slightly. Top with goat cheese. Slice into six pieces. If you like, serve frittata with a mixed green salad on the side.
Nutritional Information (Per serving): 243 calories, 13 g protein, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 216 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium.