Spicy Deviled Eggs
Revamp deviled eggs with a spicy curry twist.
Tips For Making The Perfect Deviled Eggs
- The fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel the shell off once it’s hard-boiled, so use eggs that are at least five days old.
- When slicing the eggs in half, wet the knife to help ensure a clean cut through the yolk.
photo credit: maya visnyei
- Cool eggs thoroughly. Peel off shells; gently slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to a small mixing bowl and set whites aside.
- To yolks, add mayonnaise, green onion, curry powder, ginger and lime juice. Mash together with a fork until smooth; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carefully spoon equal amounts of yolk mixture into egg white cavities. Sprinkle tops of filled eggs with cayenne and garnish with a cilantro sprig.
Nutritonal Info: Per half deviled egg,: 43 calories, 3 g protein, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 106 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium