Spaghetti with Yellow Zucchini, Asparagus and Fresh Herbs
Craving pasta but want to have something healthy too? Try this fresh and yummy green spaghetti recipe.
This seasonally-inspired recipe uses fresh, local veggies and herbs for a healthy, light and easy-to-make dish, perfect for summer parties.
Photo credit: Catelli Foods
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 300 g green spaghetti Try Catelli SuperGreens Spaghetti
- 2 each yellow zucchini
- 1 pint cherry tomato
- 1 1/2 cups shelled peas Use fresh peas if you can
- 1 bunch asparagus ends removed, and cut on an angle into one-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup Fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 each lemon zest and juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- To taste Salt and pepper
- Bring 4 liters of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, remove skin from yellow zucchinis and discard. Peel long even strips off of zucchini using a vegetable peeler, turning evenly until spongy centre is reached.
- In a large straight sided sauté pan set over medium heat, add cherry tomatoes, olive oil and garlic. Cook tomatoes just until they begin to burst and release their juices.
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, add peas and asparagus to sauté pan. Stir gently for approximately 3 minutes until just tender. Add zucchini shavings; continue to gently cook for no longer than 3 minutes.
- Strain pasta and add to sauté pan along with basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, mint, and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Gently stir pasta to evenly coat noodles. Adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Plate spaghetti and drop a few spoonfuls of ricotta cheese over top. Garnish with a few leaves of fresh herbs, olive oil and fresh ground pepper.
Per Serving: 503 calories, 27 g protein, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 49 g carbs, 12 g fibre, 39 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium
Recipe courtesy of Catelli Foods.