Scallops, Shrimp & Melon Salad
Freshness is key when buying any seafood. But excellent IQF (individually quick-frozen) products are also available in the freezer section at grocery stores.
Best Health Magazine, September 2014
photo credit: shutterstock
- 16 medium shrimp shelled, deveined, tails on
- 12 medium sea scallops muscle removed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 cups baby greens
- 1 lime halved
- 8 slices cantaloupe
- 8 slices honeydew melon
- 8 slices watermelon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- With paper towels, pat dry shrimp and scallops, then brush with one tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil. Grill shrimp for two to three minutes on each side until pink. Grill scallops for about two minutes on each side until firm and cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, toss greens with remaining olive oil and juice of half the lime. Season to taste and set aside. Arrange two slices of the melons on each of four plates, then add greens, dividing equally among the plates. Top each with four shrimp and three scallops. Squeeze juice of half a lime overtop, and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
Per serving: 431 calories, 16 g protein, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 82 g carbohydrates, 6 g fibre, 67 g sugars, 46 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium