Salmon with Spiced Citrus Kefir Sauce
Classic broiled salmon is livened up with citrus, spices, honey and kefir
Registered dietitian Matthew G. Kadey blogs at wellfedman.com
- 2 5-6 oz salmon fillets with skin (preferably wild)
- 1 tsp coarse salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup kefir or plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lime zest finely grated
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest finely grated
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat broiler. Line rack of broiler pan with foil and lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Pat fish dry. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper, then broil 4 inches from heat for 7 minutes. Cover fish loosely with foil and continue broiling 7 to 9 minutes or until salmon is a light pink throughout and flakes easily.
- While salmon broils, whisk together all sauce ingredients in a bowl until combined. Serve salmon topped with kefir sauce.