Salmon Topped with Beans and Vegetables
This delicious baked salmon recipe is quick and easy to prepare’and chock full of healthy nutrients, too.
Best Health Magazine, May 2009
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 cup peppers (green, red or yellow, or any combination), chopped
- 1 540mL can mixed beans (chickpeas, kidney beans, romano beans and black-eyed peas), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- In a large bowl, mix oil, lemon juice, vinegar and garlic. Add peppers, beans, tomatoes and onion, and stir well.
- Remove from the refrigerator about an hour before serving.
- Bake salmon at 400°F (or grill) for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until cooked through, turning halfway through cooking.
- Place on a platter, and spoon on the topping. Sprinkle with feta cheese.