Roasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprouts Make an Epic Fall Side Dish
This Thanksgiving, revamp your signature roasted Brussels sprouts side dish by adding pumpkin.
Photo Credit: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 medium pie pumpkin (about 3 lbs.) peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 lbs. fresh Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, Brussels sprouts and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition facts per 3/4 cup: 152 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fibre), 4g protein.