Vegan-Friendly Fig and Raspberry Rice Pudding
Figs and berries are a match made in health-food heaven.
photo credit: shutterstock
- In a large saucepan, bring rice, water and salt to boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Gently stir in rice milk, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and lemon zest, ensuring mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Increase heat to medium-low, stirring often, until rice is tender and very creamy, about 40 minutes.
- Do not overcook or rice will be solid and not creamy when cooled. Rice pudding can be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.