This simple salad has wonderful flavours and colours. The fennel adds a unique flavour that pairs well with the tangy vinaigrette.
Best Health Magazine, May 2011; Photo Credit: Ryan Szulc
- 1/2 head green leaf lettuce chopped
- 1/2 medium fennel bulb thinly julienned
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly julienned
- 1 medium tomato seeds removed, thinly julienned
- 1/2 yellow pepper thinly julienned
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly julienned
- 1/2 cup broccoli stems peeled and thinly julienned
- 1/2 cup Edam cheese grated
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp honey
- In a medium bowl, toss together the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Divide salad among four plates and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Per serving: 224 calories, 5 g protein, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 g carbohydrates, '5 g fibre, 6 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium