Plum, Beet and Arugula Salad
Combined with the savoury flavours of arugula, beets and crumbly blue cheese, fresh plums offer a juicy sweetness to each bite.
Recipe courtesy Ontario Tender Fruit Producers
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Wrap beets tightly in foil package. Place on baking sheet. Roast beets until tender, about 60 minutes. Unwrap beets; cool completely. Peel beets and cut into wedges. Set aside in bowl.
- In bowl, whisk vinegar, honey and mustard until combined. Slowly whisk in olive oil until blended. Whisk in chives, salt and pepper. Pour 1 tbsp (15 ml) of dressing over beets and toss to combine.
- In large bowl, combine plums, red onion and arugula. Toss with remaining dressing.
- Arrange beets over a large platter. Top with plum mixture, sprinkle with crumbled cheese and walnuts.
Per serving: about 230 calories, 4g protein, 17g total fat (4g saturated fat), 15g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 10mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium. %RDI: iron 4%, calcium 10%, vitamin A 20%, vitamin C 15%