A Kebab Recipe Worth Adding to Your BBQ Menu
Lacquered with a fragrant sugar-and-spice coating, these turn tender and juicy when licked by the flames.
Photo Credit: Angus Fergusson
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||10minutes + 20 minutes (refrigerate)||6minutes|
|8servings||10minutes + 20 minutes (refrigerate)|
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1/2 cup dairy-free unsweetened coconut yogurt or plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut shredded
- Peel and core pineapple; cut into 8 long spears. Brush with coconut oil.
- In a pie plate, stir together sugar, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and salt. Working with one piece at a time, dredge spears in sugar mixture. Insert a wooden skewer into each piece, then place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to let the coating set.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place pops on barbecue. Grill until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- To serve, dip tips in yogurt and sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrients per serving: 187 calories, 2 g protein, 4.5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 g carbohydrates (1 g fibre), 0 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium
Best Health tip: Keep them dairy-free and dip in coconut-based yogurt.