The Perfect Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
These lower-fat cookies are sure to become a family favourite.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper (a healthy non-stick option available at grocery stores).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using electric beaters, combine butter with apple butter.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, beating well after each. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, raisins and seeds.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into egg mixture.
Drop heaping tablespoons two inches (5 cm) apart onto baking sheets; flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to seven days, or freeze for up to four weeks.
Per serving: 92 calories, 2 g protein, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g fibre, 11 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium