Orange Cauliflower Mash
Orange cauliflower — a natural variation — has up to 25 more beta-carotene than white cauliflower, and tastes great in a simple mash.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk or unflavored soy milk
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Steam or microwave cauliflower until very tender.
- Using a food processor or potato masher, mash the cauliflower with the milk and garlic until smooth.
- Mix in butter, thyme, salt and pepper.