Maple Baked Salmon with Chopped Almonds
The delectable flavour of baked salmon marinated with sweet maple dressing and topped with almonds makes this dish taste so good it will definitely become a mealtime staple.
Recipe courtesy Almond Board of California
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Line an 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the four salmon fillets in pan, leaving 1/2 inch (1 cm) between pieces.
- Chop the almonds by hand or use a hand-held blender or chopper (it only takes a few seconds with a hand-held blender). Distribute the chopped almonds evenly on top of the fillets.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce and crushed garlic.
- Use a spoon to gently baste the marinade over top of each fillet.
- Bake salmon for about 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is just done.
- While the fish is baking, baste top with marinade at least once or twice.
- When removing fish from the pan, leave the leftover marinade behind and discard.
- Serve the fish with brown rice and a green salad or vegetables.
Serving size: 1 salmon fillet: Calories 260, Cholesterol 54 mg, Total fat 15 g,, Saturated 2.4 g, Monounsaturated 6.6 g, Polyunsaturated 4.8 g, Carbohydrates 11 g, Protein 21 g, Fibre 1.1 g, Calcium 45 mg, Magnesium 54 mg, Sodium 187 mg, Potassium 446 mg, Vitamin E 2.3 mg