Lightened-Up Creamy Caesar Salad
Caesar salad is often made with a mayonnaise-based dressing. My version uses low-fat yogurt and fat-free sour cream, which limits the fat in this classic recipe.
Best Health Magazine, May 2010
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 drops hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed and ripped into pieces
- 2 strips cooked turkey bacon chopped
- 4 whole-grain crackers crumbled
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- In a large bowl, add romaine, dressing, bacon, crackers and half the Parmesan cheese. Gently fold together.
- Divide on four plates and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Per serving: 154 calories, 8 g protein, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 g carbohydrates, 6 g fibre, 14 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium