Jane’s on the Common Black Bean Stew
This hearty vegetarian dish is perfect for chilly evenings.
Best Health Magazine, October 2009
- Boil sweet potatoes until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, add olive oil and heat to medium. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Stir frequently on medium heat until onions soften.
- Add cumin and cayenne, and stir for one minute.
- Add orange juice, canned stewed tomatoes and black beans. Bring to a boil.
- Add grape tomatoes and potatoes, and season to taste.
Per serving: 573 calories, 28 g protein, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 100 g carbohydrates, 22 g fibre, 0 g cholesterol, 371 mg sodium