Indonesian Rainbow Salad With Chicken And Peanut Dressing
Eating a rainbow of veggies has never been so good. Enter our Indonesian rainbow salad. The chicken is satisfying and the peanut dressing is indulgent.
You will enjoy this Indonesian rainbow salad. Sprouts are getting easier to find in supermarkets, and they are also fun to grow at home. This peanut dressing is so flavourful that it works with both spicy sprouts (such as radishes) and sweet, mild ones (such as clover). For the most delicious salad, use a combination of sprouts and pea shoots.
- Peanut Dressing
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter natural
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 small clove garlic chopped
- Rainbow Salad
- 8 cups sprouts fresh
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup Hemp Hearts
- Combine peanut butter, coconut milk, lemon juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, sriracha and garlic in a blender.
- Purée until smooth.
- Divide sprouts, pepper and carrot among 4 plates.
- Drizzle with a little dressing; top each plate with chicken and drizzle with a little more dressing.
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts.
Best Health tip: Build a better bowl! The darker the lettuce, the more nutritious Go for the rainbow – a colourful plate equals diet diversity
Include some fat (aka dressing) – your body needs it to absorb nutrients from veggies.
Nutrients per serving: 298 calories, 28 g protein, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 104 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium.