Roasted Squash and Sausage Penne
Roasted squash and Italian sausage makes for a hearty and healthy autumn pasta dish.
- Slice sausage open and gently sauté the meat until it is thoroughly browned, breaking it apart in the process. Set aside.
- To a blender or food processor, add sautéed onion, baked squash and roasted garlic. Purée. With blender running, add olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and blend until smooth.
- When finished it should have the consistency of a tomato sauce; if the purée seems too thick, add about 2 tbsp of water to thin it out. Transfer sauce to a medium sauté pan.
- Add the cooked pasta to contents of the sauté pan, stir together and heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir in chopped sage.
- Transfer onto two dinner plates. Top each with the sausage and crumbled feta, and serve.