Grilled Asparagus Vinaigrette
I’ve paired this salad with smoked trout, but any fish will work. Brush any leftover vinaigrette on baguette slices and grill them.
Best Health Magazine, Summer 2009; Photo by Edward Pond
- 16 asparagus spears
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 large handful parsley roughly chopped
- 375g smoked trout fillets
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Snap off the tougher bottom of one asparagus spear, then line up the rest and cut them to that length. Lightly coat asparagus with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, about four minutes in total, turning to cook evenly. (Cut into 1/2-in. [1-cm] pieces, if desired.)
- In a medium bowl, gently fold together asparagus, cherry tomatoes, egg, olive oil, vinegar and half of the parsley. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place equal portions of the salad on plates and garnish with remaining parsley and chunks of smoked trout fillet.
Per serving: 345 calories, 28 g protein, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre, 169 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium