This Healthy Herbal Tea Will Replace Your Energy Drink Obsession
For a natural boost of energy, ginseng is where it’s at.
Ginseng is a powerful and popular herbal remedy, commonly used in Chinese medicine. We often see it promoted in drinks and supplements purported to increase energy, stamina, and longevity. It can boost energy without the jitters that too often come with caffeine, and it can also help reduce feelings of stress, boost the immune system and much more. (Learn more about its additional benefits here.)
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
- 8 slices ginseng root (or about 1/4 cup dried root)
- 2 tbsp ginger coarsely chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cups water
- almond milk
- In a medium pot, add ginseng, ginger, cinnamon and water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain out the herbs and mix with almond milk as desired and honey to sweeten.
- Serve hot or chilled over ice.