This Gingerbread Cake Is Packed With Heavenly Spices
When the weather outside is frightful, there’s nothing more delightful than a guilt-free dessert.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray Bundt pan with butter-flavoured cooking spray.
- Pour applesauce, molasses and vegetable oil into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs. Stir well. Blend remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix well. Add dry ingredients to the applesauce mixture. Stir well.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack approximately 20 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Serve warm or cool.
Nutrients per serving: 3 g protein, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 g carbohydrates (1 g fibre), 35 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium.