Indonesian-Style Salad (Gado Gado)
Get a hefty serving of vegetables with this platter for two.
photo credit: shutterstock
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 small carrots diagonally sliced
- 85 g green beans trimmed
- 125 g Chinese cabbage cut into wedges
- 2 small boiling (waxy) potatoes such as desiree, scrubbed, cut into quarters
- 50 g bean sprouts trimmed
- 2 eggs hard-boiled, quartered
- 1/2 cup ready-made satay sauce
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the carrots and cook for 4 minutes, until just tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove the carrots and refresh under cold water.
- Blanch the beans and Chinese cabbage in the boiling water for 2 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold running water or in a bowl of cold water. Add the potatoes to the boiling water. Cook for 8 minutes, until tender, then drain.
- Arrange the vegetables, bean sprouts and eggs on a serving plate. Serve drizzled with the satay sauce.
Per serving: 367 calories, 15 g protein, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 g carbohydrate (14 g sugars), 7 g fibre, 511 mg sodium