Halibut, Pistachio & Cherry Tomato Fusilli
This halibut fusilli recipe is perfect for potlucks or dinner with the family.
This easy-to-share pasta dish is simple to prep and a snap to make. The halibut and fusilli recipe features fresh ingredients like sweet cherry tomatoes, baby arugula and Brussels sprouts, along with halibut and pancetta making it a colourful and flavourful meal.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 340 g fusilli pasta try Catelli Ancient Grains Fusilli
- 10 oz halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup pistachios shelled and halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls baby arugula
- 10 slices pancetta
- 12 whole Brussels sprouts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Slice pancetta into half-inch pieces. Over medium heat, cook pancetta in large sauté pan until it begins to brown and render. Add garlic, cherry tomatoes and olive oil and cook until they begin to blister and burst.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook fusilli according to package instructions.
- Add halibut to pan; lightly season with salt and sauté over medium heat, turning pieces over for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly browned and just cooked. Fish should be flaky and fork tender.
- Roughly chop pistachios and thinly slice Brussels sprouts, removing root ends.
- Add pistachios, Brussels sprouts and arugula to sauté pan. Stir on medium heat until greens are wilted, but for no more than two minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to sauté pan; gently stir in chopped parsley and a pinch of salt. Add pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with extra parsley leaves.
Make this a vegetarian dish! You can make this recipe without the halibut and the pancetta.
Per Serving: 357 calories, 26 g protein, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 g carbs, 4 g fibre, 36 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium
Recipe courtesy of Catelli Foods.