Egg Tacos with Avocado Sauce
Egg Tacos with Avocado Sauce are a fun twist on taco night.
Best Health magazine, March/April 2015
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) water until yolks and whites are well blended. Stir in red pepper, green onion, pepper and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture and cook for five minutes or until lightly set, scrambling them periodically as they cook.
- In a blender or food processor, place avocado flesh, sour cream, lime juice, garlic, cayenne and remaining salt, and whirl until smooth.
- Divide scrambled eggs equally among tortillas and top with equal amounts of avocado sauce, tomatoes and cilantro. Fold over tortillas, or roll them up to keep the eggs inside.
Per serving: 422 calories, 16 g protein, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 g carbohydrates, 7 g fibre, 217 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium.
* This recipe is higher in fat than the others because of the avocado, but it's the healthy kind of fat.