Easy Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Serve this simple chicken dish with whatever vegetables you have on hand, plus steamed rice and a green salad.
Best Health Magazine, Summer 2009
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 slices roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup herbed goat cheese crumbled
- 'Butterfly' the chicken breasts by cutting each one horizontally, leaving a bit of flesh attached. Open and lightly salt and pepper both sides.
- Cover one side of each chicken breast with basil leaves and lay two slices of roasted red pepper on top.
- Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese on each breast and fold other side of chicken on top. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.