No Stove Required: Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
Simply blend this easy, refreshing, summery soup and pop it in the fridge for about an hour to chill and allow the flavours to develop.
Photo Credit: Maya Visnyei
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4 to 6servings||10minutes||1hour|
|4 to 6servings||10minutes|
- 1 large avocado ripe
- 1 large English cucumber chopped (about 4 cups/1 L)
- 3 green onions thinly sliced (set aside about 2 tbsp/30 mL)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped (set aside some small sprigs)
- 1 cup sodium-reduced chicken or vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup plain 2% yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Peel and pit avocado; scoop into blender. Add cucumber, green onions, dill, broth, yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper; blend until very smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour into serving bowls; top with reserved green onions and dill sprigs.
Nutrients per serving: 108 calories, 5 g protein, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 g carbohydrates (5 g sugar), 4 g fibre, 2 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium.
Tip: For added crunch and a pop of colour, garnish with finely chopped radishes.