These Smoked Salmon-Stuffed Cucumber Rolls Are Worth Hosting Brunch For
This creamy appetizer is the perfect healthy addition to a late morning meal.
photo credit: Yvonne Duivenvoorden
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 pkg cream cheese cubed and softened
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill or chives
- 1 tsp zested lemon rind
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt and black pepper
- 1 pkg smoked salmon finely chopped
- 1 or 2 field cucumbers
- In bowl, combine cream cheese, dill, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper. Stir in smoked salmon; set aside.
- Trim ends of cucumber. Using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler or mandoline slicer, cut cucumber lengthwise, avoiding the “seedy” centre. Turn cucumber by one-quarter each time centre is just about reached, to make 32 thin strips, each at least 1 ½-inches (4 cm) wide. This may take up to 2 cucumbers. Pat slices dry.
- Spread or spoon 1 tbsp (15 mL) cream cheese mixture along each strip; roll up (a bit of cream cheese mixture at the end of roll helps bond and hold roll together). Serve rolls upright on a plate or platter.
Nutrients per serving: 37 calories, 2 g protein, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 g carbohydrates, 10 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium
Best Health tip: Garnish rolls with drained capers or dill sprigs, if desired.
Originally Published in Best Health Canada