Cream cheese and smoked trout wraps
A delicious, moist filling of herby soft cheese and flaked, smoked fish is rolled up inside tortillas with crisp bean sprouts and salad leaves.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 English cucumber cut into matchsticks
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogourt
- 2 tbsp fresh chives snipped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 lb skinless smoked trout flaked
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 lb mixed baby leaf and herb salad
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Put the cucumber sticks in a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt. Mix well, then leave for about 10 minutes. (This draws out some of the moisture so that the filling in the wraps will remain crisp.)
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for 5 minutes, or according to the package instructions. Put the cream cheese, yogourt, chives and dill into a small bowl and mix together. Stir in the flaked trout and season to taste.
- Separate the tortillas and spread out on two large boards (alternatively, you can prepare four tortillas at a time). Spread each tortilla with one-eighth of the trout mixture.
- Rinse the cucumber in a sieve, then tip onto paper towel and pat dry. Divide among the tortillas, arranging them lengthwise so the tortillas will be easier to roll up. Scatter over the bean sprouts and salad leaves.
- Roll up the tortillas tightly to enclose the filling. Cut each rolled tortilla in half on the diagonal and serve four pieces per person.
Variations: Smoked salmon or shredded smoked chicken breast would make equally delicious alternatives to the smoked trout used here. Wraps are also delicious filled with taramasalata. Spread the warm tortillas with 200 grams (7 oz) light taramasalata. Grind over a little black pepper, then scatter with 1⁄2 finely diced English cucumber and 1⁄2 deseeded and finely sliced yellow pepper. Sprinkle with the leaves of 2 shredded baby romaine lettuces before rolling up.
Each serving: 18.5 g protein, 13 g fat of which 6.5 g saturates, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 grams fibre, 296 Calories