Corn & Shrimp Chowder
When making this, frozen or canned corn are both fine to use. If you like it spicy, add a pinch of chili powder or a dash of chipotle sauce.
Best Health Magazine, November/December 2010; Photo by Jodi Pudge
- To a medium-sized pot over medium heat, add olive oil, turkey bacon, carrots, celery, onion, bay leaf and thyme. Sauté for five minutes, stirring often.
- Add red pepper and cook for two more minutes.
- Add corn and milk, turn up heat and bring to a boil.
- When soup boils, add shrimp (or chicken), reduce heat to a simmer and cook two more minutes until shrimp is cooked through and pink (if using chicken, cook until no longer pink).
- Add dill and season to taste.
Per serving: 256 calories, 14 g protein, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 34 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium