Chocolate Espresso Quickbread
Coffee and chocolate combined for the perfect brunch loaf.
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 8servings || 15minutes|| 50 minutes |
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 8servings || 15minutes|
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
- Butter and flour an 9 by 5-inch loaf tin.
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave at 50 per cent power or in a metal or glass bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir until smooth and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with an electric hand beater, beat the sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Use a rubber spatula to incorporate the espresso, stirring gently until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour in the cooled, melted chocolate and fold gently to combine
- Finally, add the mix and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 50-55 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack for 15 minutes before removing the loaf from the tin to cool completely.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Green & Black’s.
Nutrients per serving: 268 calories, 4.7g protein, 10.5 g fat, 39.2 g carbohydrates, 62 mg cholesterol