Chipotle Caesar Shrimp on Couscous with Salad
The combination of fresh ingredients and the smoky flavour of chipotle pepper will delight your taste buds. This colourful creation will certainly make a statement and be memorable for your guests.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 roasted red pepper julienned
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 black tiger shrimp thawed, cooked
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper
- 2 cups mesclun greens
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place dry couscous in a medium-size bowl and cover with 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Cover tightly and let steam for approximately 10 minutes, or until couscous is tender. Let cool, toss with a fork and add roasted red pepper, onions, parsley, thyme, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix thawed shrimp with Caesar salad dressing and chipotle pepper.
- Arrange 1/2 cup (125 ml) mesclun greens and 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooked couscous adjacent on a plate. Add three shrimp on top of the couscous and drizzle plate with remaining dressing from the shrimp. Serve with a lemon wedge.