Chicken, Kale and Edamame White Tea Noodle Soup
Superfoods kale, edamame and white tea make classic chicken soup extra nutritious
Registered dietitian Matthew G. Kadey blogs at wellfedman.com
- In a large pot add 6 cups of water along with white tea and ginger. Heat until water is just about to reach a boil. Remove from heat and let steep for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to package directions and cook chicken over medium heat in a sauté pan until no longer pink. Remove from heat and let stand.
- Strain tea infusion liquid to remove tea leaves and place ginger back into liquid. Return to burner, add lemongrass and heat till a boil is reached.
- Drop in frozen edamame; cover pot, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add in sea salt, mushrooms and kale and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add in noodles and sesame oil and stir well.
- Place soup in serving bowls and top with ground pepper and cilantro.