Classic Comfort Food: Beef Pot Pie
This hearty dish is one of the best comfort foods out there.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium pot, add beef stock, carrots, celery, onion, red pepper, garlic and thyme, and boil on stovetop until carrots soften, about five minutes.
- Add diced beef, peas and parsley, and continue cooking for two to three minutes until beef is cooked through.
- In medium bowl, mix together cornstarch and milk, and stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide beef mixture among four dishes.
- Place two phyllo sheets on a baking pan and brush with olive oil.
- Fold sheet in half lengthwise and then brush the outside with olive oil. Fold left side in halfway, then right side over top to form a square.
- Brush olive oil on top. Cut into a circle big enough to cover one dish. Pinch edges around dish to secure. Repeat three more times for remaining dishes.
- Place in oven until phyllo is crispy, for about six minutes.
Per Serving: 566 calories, 33 g protein, 32 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 34 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 83 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium