Beef Burger with Avocado Salsa
Topping this burger with avocado adds creaminess, and since it’s packed with monounsaturated fat, it can help lower cholesterol, reduce risk of heart disease and keep blood glucose in check.
photo credit: shutterstock
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato medium
- 1 onion small
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- small handful cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 400 g extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Chop and combine an avocado, a medium tomato, a small onion, a jalapeño pepper and a small handful of cilantro. Mix in a squeeze of lime juice.
- Mix 400 g extra-lean ground beef, ½ cup (125 mL) panko bread crumbs and an egg. Form into four patties. Grill about five minutes per side, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Place each patty on a grilled whole-wheat bun and top with a large spoonful of salsa.
Per serving: 365 calories, 28 g protein, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 g carbohydrates, 6 g fibre, 62 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium
Originally Published in Best Health Canada