South-American Style Beef and Pepper Soup
In this hearty recipe, lean pieces of beef are simmered slowly in a rich, spicy tomato and red pepper broth.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 4|| 10minutes || 45minutes |
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 4|| 10minutes |
- Fry the chorizo in a heavy pot or flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until some of the fat is released and the chorizo is slightly crispy.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo to a bowl, leaving the flavoured oil in the pot. This will add flavour to the soup with no need to add any extra oil.
- Return the pot to the heat and add the beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until evenly browned.
- Return the chorizo to the pot with the tomatoes and their juice, peppers and water. Bring to a boil, then stir in the lima beans, corn, oregano and paprika.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes until the beef is tender.
- Season to taste and serve scattered with parsley.
Per Serving: 381 Calories, 37 g protein, 9.5 g fat of which 3.5 g saturated, 33 g carbohydrate, 10 g fibre