Bean Salad with Tuna
Serve this bean salad with toasted crusty bread rubbed with garlic. This salad also makes a very good filling for sandwich rolls or pita pockets.
photo credit: shutterstock
- 1 400 g cancannellini cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 2 185 g cans tuna in oil drained
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers rinsed and squeezed dry, coarsely chopped
- 1 ts dried oregano
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp ajvar
- 1 1/2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Put the cannellini beans in a large salad bow. Break up the tuna a little with a fork and add it to the beans.
- Add the tomatoes, olives and capers to the bowl, and gently mix to combine.
- To make the dressing, put the mayonnaise in a bowl and whisk in the ajvar and vinegar.
- Spoon the dressing over the salad and gently mix to combine. Serve sprinkled with oregano.
Note: Ajvar is a roasted capsicum (bell pepper) relish. It sometimes contains eggplant. You can substitute it with a tomato or mixed vegetable relish.
Per serving: 337 calories, 23 g protein, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 g carbohydrate (9 g sugars), 6 g fibre, 771 mg sodium