Banana Nut Butter and Jam Muffins
These mouthwatering muffins are packed with protein.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a blender, blend bananas, egg, brown sugar, yogurt, almond butter, oil, flaxseed (if using) and vanilla until smooth.
- Fill each of 12 paper-lined or greased muffin cups about halfway with batter; spoon 1½ tsp (7 mL) jam in centre of each. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until tester inserted into centre comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan; let cool on rack.
Strawberry jam can be replaced with cherry or any other flavour of jam, if desired. Store the banana nut butter and jam muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Guide Per Serving: 237 calories, 5 g protein, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 19 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium