These Baked Baby Potatoes Are the Perfect Bite-Sized App
These little cuties pack all the appeal of a steakhouse-style baked potato into something much smaller.
Photo Credit: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 lbs. baby red potatoes (1-3/4 inches wide, about 36)
- 6 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- coarsely ground black pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons oil and salt; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15 x 10 x 1-in. baking pan. Bake until tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place olives, onion, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Gradually add remaining oil; process to reach desired consistency.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut thin slices off bottoms to allow potatoes to sit upright. Cut an X in the top of each potato; squeeze sides to open tops slightly. Place on a serving platter.
- Spoon olive pesto onto potatoes; top with sour cream. If desired, sprinkle with pepper. Serve warm.
Nutrition facts per 1 appetizer: 88 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 1g protein.
Tip: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan at 350° for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.