This Apple-Cinnamon Pancake Recipe Is Perfect for Sunday Mornings
Spiced with a touch of cinnamon and sweetened with a splash of maple syrup, these quinoa pancakes make brisk mornings even better.
Looking for more apple recipes? Check out these 25 unbelievably delicious apple recipes to make this fall.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 large egg white room temperature
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium Gala apple shredded
- 1 cup ready-to-serve quinoa If you can't find ready-to-serve quinoa, simply simmer 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water until tender.
- 1 tbsp butter or canola oil
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, almond milk, syrup, canola oil and vanilla. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in apple and quinoa.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrients per 2 pancakes: 222 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate (10 g sugars, 3 g fibre), 6 g protein.
Diabetic exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.