Paired with blistered tomatoes, salty olives and a double dose of those antioxidant-rich greens, this perfect pasta is easy enough to pull off for weekday meals.
Photo Credit: James Tse
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 4servings|| 10minutes|| 16minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 4servings|| 10minutes|
- In a food processor, pulse garlic, almonds and beet greens until finely minced.
- Add oil, Parmesan, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse a few more times until it comes together (the mixture should be fine but not completely smooth). Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes; stir until lightly blistered. Stir in beet greens; sauté for about 3 or 4 minutes or until wilted.
- Remove from heat, then stir in cooked pasta and pesto; toss to coat. To serve, top pasta with olives, Parmesan, oil and almonds.
Nutrients per serving: 991 calories, 30 g protein, 60 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 96 g carbohydrates (25 g fibre), 0 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium
Tip: For a low-carb version, swap pasta for spiralized zucchini.