25 Patience Quotes that Inspire Peaceful Persistence
Take a deep breath and find that inner peace with these quotes about patience.
Patience quotes to inspire you
Patience isn’t just about sitting in the waiting room at the doctor’s office or remaining on hold when you try to call customer service. Having patience can help us reach our goals and ultimately make us live a happier life. But we’re all only human, and sometimes, we succumb to the pressure and frustrations of life. When you feel that anger bubbling up from the pit of your stomach, take a deep breath, maybe try repeating some positive affirmations to yourself, and remind yourself that you are thankful for what you have—these gratitude quotes may help with that. Like anything, becoming a more patient person takes practice and time. These patience quotes from some of the world’s most notable people will hopefully inspire you to work towards being more positive and less stressed about things that are out of your control.
2. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” —Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
3. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” —Hal Borland.
5. “Patience is the road to wisdom.” —Kao Kalia Yang.
6. “Maybe that’s why life is so precious. No rewind or fast forward… just patience and faith.” —Cristina Marrero.
7. “Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” —George Bernard Shaw.
(Related: 50 Hilarious Quotes from Schitt’s Creek)
9. “Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.” —Plautus.
12. “Patience is when you’re supposed to get mad, but you choose to understand.” —Anonymous
14. “When you have self-knowledge, you’re naturally calm and poised. You overcome obstacles with ease. They are part of your plan.” —Maxime Lagacé
15. “It is very strange that the years teach us patience — that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.” —Elizabeth Taylor.
17. “When it comes to patience, we don’t have to change old habits; we can build better ones.” —Sue Bender
18. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” —Abraham Lincoln
20. “Sometimes things aren’t clear right away. That’s where you need to be patient and persevere and see where things lead.” —Mary Pierce.
(Related: Why I Abandoned My Pursuit of Happiness)
21. “I will not be distracted by noise, chatter, or setbacks. Patience, commitment, grace, and purpose will guide me.” —Louise Hay
23. “The secret of patience is to do something else in the meantime.” —Croft M. Pentz
25. “There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.” —Lemony Snicket.